Link to Service Hours Sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1urFmO1wINlBpdzwunnaSh8eUI1og9MCefx1rTGcTntI/edit?usp=sharing
- Seniors: All service hours must be complete and forms turned in by the due date! If you have not completed your service hours then you will not be able to purchase a cord. Please listen for announcements as to when cords will be sold.
- Juniors: All service hours must be complete and forms turned in by the due date! If you do not complete the required service hours for the year you will dismissed from the organization.
- Service Hours: ALL members are required to complete 10 service hours this semester. Please make sure you turn in your service hour forms to Mrs. Edwards room 125. Reminder: Only (4) outside service hours can be accepted each semester.
- Service Hour Forms-All members must fill out a service hour form in order to receive credit. If you do not submit a form you will not receive credit. Service hour forms are located in Mrs. Edwards' room (125) and also under "files" on this page. Members must turn in completed forms to Mrs. Edwards in the basket located in her classroom, but only between classes or before/after school.
- NHS National Website-Please check out the NHS website for great information about college admissions, financial planning, etc. https://www.nhs.us/students
The National Honor Society (NHS) recognizes high school students for their outstanding performance in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. To be eligible for membership in the Saraland High School NHS, the candidate must be a junior, or senior at the school. Each candidate must have attended Saraland High School at least one semester and have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.50. Candidates are then evaluated on the basis of service, leadership, and character by faculty council as an additional requirement for membership. Once inducted, all members are required to maintain their high academic performance and to give at least 15-20 hours of service to others in their community and school.