Welcome to my page!
- You will find Schoology information and About Me on the page below.
- Photos will direct you to pictures of my family.
- Helpful Handouts will direct you to useful resources for my class.
- Diverse Booklist will direct you to a list of great diverse books to read if you or your child needs any ideas. You will need to scroll down to get to the middle-grade books.
- Summer Reading will direct you to summer reading information.
Our assignments will be found on Schoology. If a student is absent for any reason, they should check Schoology for any makeup work. All course information including assignments and resources will be located in Schoology.
To log into Schoology, follow these steps:
- Go to www.clever.com (I have a link to clever under the helpful links tab of this page.)
- Use the students' 19___number as the username and the student-chosen password.
- Click on the Schoology app in Clever.
- If it asks for email verification, use firstname.lastname@example.org as the email and their student-chosen password.
Phone: (251) 679-9405
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Secondary English Education
Mrs. Laura Prater
Hi! I'm so excited about being your child's teacher this year. Here are a few things to know about me.
I grew up in Huntsville, AL, and attended Grissom High School. After graduation, I moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where I earned my bachelor’s degree in secondary English Education from the University of Alabama. I met my husband shortly after moving to Tuscaloosa. We have been married for thirteen years and have three beautiful, energetic boys. We are expecting our FOURTH BOY this year.
After graduating from the University of Alabama in 2011, I taught 7th grade Honors English at Echols Middle School in the neighboring community of Northport. I took a year off with the birth of my first son, then moved to South Mobile where my husband and I taught at Alma Bryant High School. I taught 9th, 10th, and 11th grade English and coached cheer. My husband taught health and driver's ed and coached the girls' basketball team.
In the spring of 2020, we moved to Saraland for our son to start Kindergarten at the Early Education Center. My husband is now teaching health and helping coach the girls' basketball team at Saraland High School, and I am so excited to be teaching 6th and 7th grades here at the middle school. I recently finished my master’s degree in Library Media from the University of West Alabama.
I'm looking forward to a fantastic school year! No matter what this school year brings, I am committed to your child's safety and education.